LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Blackouts & Redouts

Last post 09-01-1999, 8:32 PM by anonymous2. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-31-1999, 5:15 AM 843

Blackouts & Redouts

*** Posted by Robert "Banshee" Anderson ***
    Hello,I was wondering how long can a pilot withstand Blackout/Redouts during a Positive/Negative tight maneuvers in his "G-suit"? and, Does the Flight computer take control of the jet when the pilot doesn't respond within a few seconds after Blackout.Also is the pilot grounded for a few days after such a flight?
  •  08-31-1999, 7:14 AM 844 in reply to 843

Re:Blackouts & Redouts

*** Posted by run ***
    Hi

When using the term blackout it normally means that the pilot passes out, and it can take several seconds before he regains consiousness. After such an experience the pilot is grounded and has to be testet in a g-simulator before he can fly again. Approaching blackout you can experience greyout or tunnelvision wish most pilots have tried.Then they just ease of on the g's to avoid blackout. Redout normally doesn't make you pass out, and is countered by easing off on the negative g's

run
    [Hello,I was wondering how long can a pilot withstand Blackout/Redouts during a Positive/Negative tight maneuvers in his "G-suit"? and, Does the Flight computer take control of the jet when the pilot doesn't respond within a few seconds after Blackout.Also is the pilot grounded for a few days after such a flight? ]
  •  09-01-1999, 8:32 PM 846 in reply to 843

Re:Blackouts & Redouts

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Hi,

I think that would depend on the individual pilot, his mental and physical abilities. Blackout and Redouts are potencially very dangerous for a pilot because unconsiousness occurrs for several seconds, but a pilot will always know his/her limits. I think the G-suits really help in this situation but they are limited. I have heard that Panavia Tornado's have a device which will recover the aircraft if it is in a potential life threatening position but as far as I know it was mainly used for terrain masking or at flying at low level. Another important point to make is that pilots are human at the end of the day and pulling G's for a certain period of time like in a simulated dogfight can take alot out of you so you have to be fit.

Rapier
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us